Think of all the food on a Thanksgiving dinner table. Between stuffing, sweet potatoes, gravy, turkey, regular potatoes and whatever else your family has, it’s usually a lot of heavy dishes. Sometimes you just need a simplified vegetable to give a fresh element to the meal. These brussels sprouts do just that.
My entire Thanksgiving meal plan has been simple. These sprouts are no different. They are roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once they are done, some fresh lemon zest and juice goes on top to finish the dish. Feel free to add some vegan parmesan cheese to these too.
- 1lb. brussel sprouts
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Wash the sprouts and cut off the stem. Remove a few outer leaves if necessary and halve the sprouts. Put in a bowl
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and stir.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- To finish, put them in a bowl, zest the lemon and squeeze the juice over top and serve.